she whispered

He winced as he rose from the throne of fools.
Long had he sat upon that throne,
the king of fools.

His heavy shoulders were mountains carved in oak
scarred so completely as to read like an ancient text.
His whole body a legend of war and strife.

The woman saw this and felt for the old fool.

He stood before her now, before them all.
The great king sighed then spoke.
"long have i ruled you my fools and far we have come.
Now though i fear the age of fools is near past
and all must seek a new path.
I am a monarch out of context.
Histories course lays dammed at the base of my stronghold.
it is for me to move aside."

The great king fell silent
a painful grimace lit the lines of his face
faithful retainers ran to support him
but the king waved them away roaring,
"this king leans on no man!".

She thought not, but moved to him.
"lean on me" she whispered
"for i am no man and you are no fool".

No comments:

Post a Comment