Nag Hammadi

 www.aeonbytegnosticradio.com

Now all these things came to pass by the will of the father of the entirety. Afterwards, the spirit saw the soul-endowed man upon the ground. And the spirit came forth from the Adamantine Land; it descended and came to dwell within him, and that man became a living soul. It called his name Adam, since he was found moving upon the ground. A voice came forth from incorruptibility for the assistance of Adam; and the rulers gathered together all the animals of the earth and all the birds of heaven and brought them in to Adam to see what Adam would call them, that he might give a name to each of the birds and all the beasts.
They took Adam and put him the garden, that he might cultivate it and keep watch over it. And the rulers issued a command to him, saying, "From every tree in the garden shall you eat; yet from the tree of recognizing good and evil do not eat, nor touch it; for the day you eat from it, with death you are going to die."
They [...] this. They do not understand what they have said to him; rather, by the father's will, they said this in such a way that he might (in fact) eat, and that Adam might <not> regard them as would a man of an exclusively material nature.
The rulers took counsel with one another and said, "Come, let us cause a deep sleep to fall upon Adam." And he slept. - Now the deep sleep that they "caused to fall upon him, and he slept" is Ignorance. - They opened his side like a living woman. And they built up his side with some flesh in place of her, and Adam came to be endowed only with soul.
And the spirit-endowed woman came to him and spoke with him, saying, "Arise, Adam." And when he saw her, he said, "It is you who have given me life; you will be called 'mother of the living'. - For it is she who is my mother. It is she who is the physician, and the woman, and she who has given birth."
Then the authorities came up to their Adam. And when they saw his female counterpart speaking with him, they became agitated with great agitation; and they became enamored of her. They said to one another, "Come, let us sow our seed in her," and they pursued her. And she laughed at them for their witlessness and their blindness; and in their clutches she became a tree, and left before them her shadowy reflection resembling herself; and they defiled it foully. - And they defiled the stamp of her voice, so that by the form they had modeled, together with their (own) image, they made themselves liable to condemnation.
Then the female spiritual principle came in the snake, the instructor; and it taught them, saying, "What did he say to you? Was it, 'From every tree in the garden shall you eat; yet - from the tree of recognizing good and evil do not eat'?"
The carnal woman said, "Not only did he say 'Do not eat', but even 'Do not touch it; for the day you eat from it, with death you are going to die.'"
And the snake, the instructor, said, "With death you shall not die; for it was out of jealousy that he said this to you. Rather your eyes shall open and you shall come to be like gods, recognizing evil and good." And the female instructing principle was taken away from the snake, and she left it behind, merely a thing of the earth.
And the carnal woman took from the tree and ate; and she gave to her husband as well as herself; and these beings that possessed only a soul, ate. And their imperfection became apparent in their lack of knowledge; and they recognized that they were naked of the spiritual element, and took fig leaves and bound them upon their loins.
Then the chief ruler came; and he said, "Adam! Where are you?" - for he did not understand what had happened. And Adam said, "I heard your voice and was afraid because I was naked; and I hid."
The ruler said, "Why did you hide, unless it is because you have eaten from the tree from which alone I commanded you not to eat? And you have eaten!"
Adam said, "The woman that you gave me, she gave to me and I ate." And the arrogant ruler cursed the woman.
The woman said, "It was the snake that led me astray and I ate." They turned to the snake and cursed its shadowy reflection, [...] powerless, not comprehending that it was a form they themselves had modeled. From that day, the snake came to be under the curse of the authorities; until the all-powerful man was to come, that curse fell upon the snake.
 www.zeably.com
They turned to their Adam and took him and expelled him from the garden along with his wife; for they have no blessing, since they too are beneath the curse. Moreover, they threw mankind into great distraction and into a life of toil, so that their mankind might be occupied by worldly affairs, and might not have the opportunity of being devoted to the holy spirit. ....Read more

24 comments:

  1. The Gnostic Agenda. Just that, another agenda, another belief to chose to adopt. No beliefs, are still a belief. One more story woven in with layers that unfold of more stories and agendas on the way to perfection.

    My very first impressions, which began during the cult circle (aka dna download/jedi workshop etc), were of a black cloak being thrown over me. Shortly after I was drawn to Gnostic photos and profiles on the internet. I was completely unafraid of the black swirling mass that floated of my bed. Archons? Don't know don't care. Seeing photos of women in a form of sexy bondage, seemed very appealing, there was an energetic lure that had me hooked for over a year. I had no contemplation of evil, but rather curiosity about something that when willing to face the truth, seemed to be manipulative. -Gnosism, for me is yet another manipulative story meant to draw one into a belief system. Yep, that Gnostic God, who sits on a throne above women, and puts women on a pedestal of worship that is in bondage for power for men. Gnosis destroys identity, why? So you can be Godly. Imbedded and Influence, possessed of the Holy Spirit. Been there have been witness to that. No thanks. It's yet another ideal, right up there with human perfection, and ascension, and everything else to get to god, including bridging beliefs for utopian societies and whatever else that God has in store for us.

    Me? I may fail, I am ungodly, I happily remove myself from this existence rather then "fall" again. I don't long for a truth to be filled-in for me. I don't need to know what I was, I don't need to live. I don't long for a soulmate anymore or even a purpose in life. Therefore, I'm un manipulatable. Truth can be found under what ever rock you pick up. The stories, they may be true, but they aren't for me. I repeat, I am not godly, I am not a friend of that gods, nor of the lies and manipulations of the self-proclaimed holy spirit. I belong to no one. Knowing is knowledge. Gnosism claims to be knowing, but it is far more, it is too much emptiness, too much dark, a mirror and reflection and nothing more and nothing of itself. I have met them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked it when Adam and Eve cause the authorities to become "agitated with great agitation"..
    This text confirms my beliefs that the gods are indeed assholes and your very right to feel cynical.
    Please dont remove yourself from this existence however. I'm sure theres still some fun to be had...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm do you really think there is still something fun to be had? for you? maybe? but fun for me has certainly changed a bit. I'm not entertained so easily. Fun might be...going to burning man, but not for the art, not for the dancing or music, not for the partying socializing etc. but fun might be to set up and catch the ass holes who put date-rape drugs into women's drinks and then make sure there is enough proof so they get a life-sentence in prison. that sounds fun. what about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats quite a tangent your out on there lulu but it does illustrate that there truly is nothing new under the sun.
      love and empathy to all those who've been abused.

      Delete
    2. I might be on a tangent but why do you hold up a middle finger that says fuck off every time I see you?

      Delete
    3. the reason is fluid because the term is broad and thats why i like that picture.
      Putting it there had nothing to do with you and so it need be no concern of yours.

      Delete
    4. ...but still it means you are saying fuck off to someone ...or many? who? I may be the next on the list of the broad or few. Fluid is worse, as a mantra it means you don't get along with anyone. Not that I have a lot of friends myself, but I do know HOW to get along with people as I choose. If I had the same image you might feel chances were good you were going to be told to fuck off at any moment.

      Delete
    5. ok, how about ancient symbol of disrespect.
      as a "mantra" ??
      Seen as a picture of the owner of a blog called "Everything you know is a lie" devoted to the Machiavellian mechanations
      of the current and historical elite, i would think its obvious that the gesture is directed at the establishment.

      Delete
  4. What do you think of this one:
    God is the Father, Jesus is the Son and the Holy Spirit is Lucifer....
    (?) Sounds about right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For all it honestly matters to me personally, apart from idle interest, the holy trinity may as well be jellybeans, crusty the clown and a shellfish.
    but yeh your right, lucifer must be in there but why not in the role of the son or the father?

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, come on jelly-beans? how about the holy trinity: chocolate, cheese and wine; or maybe pizza, beer and ice-cream.

    I don't know...? maybe the son represents what the father "thinks" he is and wants to be and lucifer represents the other half of himself, as in his shadow-side, blocked emotions, projections and acts them out.

    Seems like people who have interactions with the oh so, Holy Spirit become almost violently judgmental, zealot behaviors, justify killing in the name of god etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. speaking of broad terms...
    why do you want to get bogged down in this particular metaphor?
    do the thoughts feel heavy to you too? i set them aside apart from brief interludes of interest. i am a self confessed magpie.
    Do you in some way set all these things aside at times?

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh and i agree that the psychical universe and all there in are governed by opposing forces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I am being defensive. It isn't a metaphor to me. I wish it was just a metaphor to me, like it used to be, but now it's an actual choice that will attract it's own phenomena.

    Besides that, about the Holy Spirt/ghost when I was about 5 my mother found religion I guess to save her from being the lonely immigrant, took up the invitation to a babtist church. She then attracted the Holy Spirit and from that day seemed possessed at times, and not in a good way! I think my family might have been nearly perfect if religion had stayed out of it.

    A self-professed magpie? The bird? Or something else. hmmmm? Fathers Day here, am attracting Dad stuff I guess, thanks, my Dad was in love with his best-friend a baby magpie he raised, as a child... very sweet.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I do set aside all of these contemplations at times. Sorry for dragging you back into them, but your post inspired me to think about it. I'm about to do the same, as I'm leaving my post desert nest in a few days.

      Delete
    2. well i'm sure you understand these things far better than me. I remain untouched by phenomena of any kind including religious. I merely speculate and not very well.

      Delete
    3. hmmm Dan, you must not be entirely untouched...some form of contrast must have ignited a reason for you to explore all these topics, and choose to say fuck-off to the establishment 24/7.

      Speculate and not well? --Why so falsely humble? I think there is something you are hiding.

      Delete
  10. oh duh. All this time you've been sarcastic. ok fine, I can take your hint. I will indeed fuck off.
    http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/communication/valerie.htm

    People use sarcasm for many different reasons. Personally, I have found that I am sarcastic in reflection with someone when I feel there are being manipulative. Whether it's just mild in teasing/play to serious manipulation. I suppose trust issues could be a misinterpretation/reaction on my part. What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy crap-a-moley clare. you dont really want to try and get in my head do you?
    Look, we Australians are a hardy people and the middle finger is as common as the wave. Its not uncommon for the best of friends to substitute a wave goodbye or hello with the middle finger gesture.
    Sarcasm here is also known as banter. To less hardy races such as the American species i'm given to understand sarcasm is considered low wit.
    You may well be manipulative but i haven't noticed as my default when dealing with unknown entities in the web dictate thus. None of this is real though try as we might to stay real, we cannot but maintain the avatar.
    Now if your here tracking mud on my floors and drinking my tea then that is very real and must be treated in its own way.
    So i'm gently saying it doesn't matter that your clever because web interaction lacks cues and responses to base judgements on and so entities cannot share the exact same context when interacting as each entity has a poorly informed idea of the context of the other entities comments and behaviors..
    clear as mud?
    So relax. your crazy but i like you and i'm not telling you to fuck off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks...I think... and well if I'm crazy to you, maybe It's time I should choose a new act.
    This character of mine has only enemies, after a time, a finger flick and fuck off message starts to seem real.

    I know Aussies find survival in being crass like that, and how dumb of me not to get that, after all you are all inbreeds from prisoners that were dumped there right? lol. "Tea" keeps you civilized despite the mud.

    It's difficult being part of a less hardy race, I guess I must consider myself part of the American Species since I was born, went to public schools and had a television in America. Do you consider Central and South America part of the less hardy races? Just curious.

    Web interaction does indeed, lack clues. In your case the only Visual clue is one photo with a finger up.






    ReplyDelete
  13. yeh, maybe you've been on the campaign trail too long.
    White australians do mostly descend from the old empires underbelly.
    Regards central and south america's i must say that no these are also hardy peoples. North Americans are pretty much the only group i was alluding to and that includes canadians who are also a bit sensitive but less straight out crazy.
    that pic still bugs you but i think your warming to it.
    shouldn't you be in a desert somewhere by now not caring about the world wibe wobblenet and its vagaries?

    ReplyDelete
  14. But a campaign for what? (since you seem confident enough to assume to know me better than I know myself).
    "warming to it" may be too strong of words. Curiosity never-ending for sure tho. It is an interesting pic to me... Is it Lady Frieda Harris' Tarot card of the Universe?
    Desert? I left it and went to the cooler North. Some hills, trees and green grass instead of wind, sun and all sharp and pokey things. I'll spare the other boring details of the summer, since you already know everything about me.

    Seems the Aussie brand of the offspring of the old empire likes to come across intellectual for sure. The dichotomy of finger flicking crassness blended with educated, smarty-pants. Having a nice break from your blogging are you, btw? Has your life improved because of it? Just curious, what are you doing instead?

    ReplyDelete
  15. you were the sharpest pokiest thing in that desert i'll wager.
    i know nothing but i speak regardless, i am the fool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ha ha, no no --you may misunderstand all my poking, it's actually an expression of love. just not everyone can see it for what it is. ;-)

    ...you know, "they" do say the Fool is the highest card in the deck. So give yourself a new circus toy or something to celebrate.

    After some fancy wine touring, one shocking psy-download, some hard-work at a few what are quickly becoming, annoying festivals, and lounging around naked in natures paradise with a freak-show at a heart-consciousness resort. As of this morning, I'm back to the desert, sooner then I thought, after all. I miss the wide open space, open views, the dry air, myself-time and... wifi and my fan-club of confused hater readers and also you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete